- Save-A-Lot, ShopRite and Supermercados El Rancho join panel on best practices in Hispanic retailing.
- The supermarket chain is converting a Mobil gas station in Upstate New York that will have 16 pumps.
- Oil companies with ties to the convenience store industry make a strong showing in the annual rankings.
- The convenience store chain has opened 25 to 30 stores a year despite the challenging economy.
- Grand opening for the 22,000-square-foot store in the financial district introduces exclusive offerings and amenities.
7-Eleven, Army Air Force Exchange Services and Alimentation Couche-Tard appear on the list.
The new item is aimed at the growing Hispanic community and those who love snacking.
The deal, which grows Walgreen Co.'s footprint in seven states, is slated to close around Sept. 1.
- Willard Bishop report predicts this pattern will continue, with the industry capturing 15.6 percent market share by 2016.
- Six years after the concept's launch, the home improvement giant is maintaining the status quo.
- Eleven convenience stores will be converted to the Giant brand over the next two months.
- Chain will add more large convenience stores in areas where it already operates grocery stores.