You are here
EL DORADO, Ark. — Murphy USA Inc. is hosting grand-opening events at several Iowa locations to promote its new E15 and E85 fuel offerings.
Beginning Tuesday and continuing through Sept. 30, Murphy USA is teaming with the Iowa Renewable Fuels Association (IFRA) and the Iowa Corn Growers Association to host seven separate grand-opening events. During each occasion, customers will be able to take advantage of E15 selling for $2.15 per gallon and E85 at $1.85 per gallon.
Motorists can also receive free food with a fuel purchase and have the opportunity to win an assortment of door prizes.
“E15 is the lowest priced fuel available for most Iowans, and E85 is the lowest priced fuel for flex-fuel vehicle owners,” said Lucy Norton, IRFA's managing director. “Now motorists in seven large Iowa cities will have ready access to fuels that not only burn cleaner, but are also the least expensive fuels on the market for the vast majority of drivers.”
The grand-opening events will take place at the following Murphy USA locations:
- Sept. 16: 1502 N. Jefferson St., Indianola, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.;
- Sept. 17: 4059 4th St. SW, Mason City, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.;
- Sept. 18: 3010 1st Ave. S., Fort Dodge, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.;
- Sept. 19: 3420 Singing Hills Blvd., Sioux City, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.;
- Sept. 25: 200 Iowa Speedway Drive, Newton, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.;
- Sept. 26: 2346 Virginia Ave., Clinton, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; and
- Sept. 30: 5805 Elmore Ave., Davenport, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
As of Sept. 1, E15 was available at 91 convenience stores nationwide, according to ethanol advocacy group Growth Energy. Approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2012 for cars released in the model year 2001 or newer, it is a fuel blend containing 15-percent ethanol and 85-percent gasoline. E85 is a fuel blend containing between 70 percent and 85 percent ethanol. It is approved for use in autos designated as flex-fuel vehicles.
El Dorado-based Murphy USA Inc. operated 1,228 convenience stores as of June 30, comprised of 1,035 Murphy USA sites and 193 Murphy Express locations.