You are here
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Local marketer American Gas and Oil Inc. (AGO) is converting 19 gas stations across western Michigan to the CITGO brand. Once the conversions are complete, AGO will operate 27 CITGO-branded gas stations and convenience stores.
"We are thrilled about our extended partnership with CITGO," said Jason Berris, president of American Gas and Oil. "CITGO is a huge supporter of locally owned businesses and we are excited to continue this collaboration. We knew that when we decided to convert these locations, CITGO would offer fair pricing, the convenience of local terminals and a commitment to community involvement."
To celebrate the conversions, CITGO Petroleum Corp. and AGO are hosting 10 grand-opening events throughout the week of July 21. Miss Michigan 2014, KT Maviglia, will be on hand as part of the festivities.
As part of the celebration, the first 100 customers at each event to make a fuel purchase of eight gallons or more will receive a free gift.
Citibank representatives will also be on hand during the events in an effort to register customers for the CITGO Rewards credit card. Customers who sign up for the card at the gas station will receive 15 cents off every gallon purchased for the first 60 days, a $5 CITGO gift card and will be automatically entered to win a 39-inch flat screen television.
A complete listing of all grand-opening events is as follows:
- July 21: 1355 Post Drive, Belmont, Mich., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 21: 4558 West River Drive, Comstock Park, Mich., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 22: 2770 10 Mile Road, Rockford, Mich., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 22: 470 E. Division, Rockford, Mich., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 23: 5155 28th Street S.E., Grand Rapids, Mich., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 23: 7100 E. Fulton, Ada, Mich., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 24: 284 84th Street S.W., Byron Center, Mich., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 24: 2805 Port Sheldon, Hudsonville, Mich., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- July 25: 11699 W. Randall, Coopersville, Mich., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- July 25: 800 Burton S.W., Wyoming, Mich., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Grand Rapids-based American Gas and Oil Inc., founded in 1976, operates 27 locations in western Michigan.
Houston-based CITGO Petroleum Corp. is a refiner, transporter and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by PDV America Inc., an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.