You are here
LA CROSSE, Wis. — Convenience store chain Kwik Trip Inc. is recalling 11 proprietary bakery items due to the possibility that they contain pieces of plastic, which may cause a choking hazard, reported Food Poisoning Bulletin. Plastic-contaminated ice nuggets were used as an ingredient in the dough.
The recalled items include all lots manufactured prior to, but not including, Jan. 13. The products were distributed in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
According to the Food and Drug Administration's Weekly Enforcement Report for the week of Feb. 24, the full list of recalled items is:
- Glazers Doughnuts, six-pack in cardboard bakery box with number 3977904033 040337, fresh
- Plain Long Johns with number 9999954013, 540138, shipped frozen
- Filled Long Johns with number 9999954006, 540062
- Jelly Bismark with number 9999954008, 540088
- Custard Bismarck with number 9999954007, 540070
- Triple Chocolate Bismark with number 9999954048, 540484
- Cinnamon Cinnsations in 19-ounce packages with number 3977953052, 530530
- Persian with number 9999954011, 540112, frozen
- KBS Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with number 9999953939, 539160
- KBS Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with number 9999953937, 539158
- KBS Plain Bagel with number 9999953936, 539157
Consumers are directed to throw these products away or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.