You are here
1. Teamsters Leak 7-Eleven, Coke Distribution Details
Details of 7-Eleven's test of an alternative to typical DSD (direct-store delivery) products came to light when Teamsters complained that use of a third-party logistics company would eliminate union jobs.
2. 14 Convenience Stores Honored for Best Store Design
Fourteen c-stores in the U.S. and Canada were recognized for setting the standard in store design and innovation in this year's CSNews Store Design Content.
3. Flying J & Pilot Merger Date Pushed Back
The "drop-dead date" for the merger of truck stop operators Flying J and Pilot Travel Centers, originally set for March 31, was extended to April 30.
4. Couche-Tard Lays Hostile Path for Casey's Acquisition
An unsolicited proposal that began last year by Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. to purchase Ankeny, Iowa-based Casey's General Stores Inc. could turn into a hostile takeover.
5. Coupons Make a Comeback in all Retail Channels
The Great Recession of 2009 marked a coupon renaissance and all channels — including dollar stores, mass merchandisers, convenience stores and drug stores — posted double-digit redemption growth.