You are here
1. Immigration Reform Pushed Ahead of Climate Change
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said he would suspend his involvement in negotiations on a Senate climate bill due to what he called a "cynical ploy" by Democrats to make immigration reform a higher priority.
2. Walmart Plans Small for the Future
Walmart is planning to open a smaller version of its large Supercenter store format in the Los Angeles area, a format it hopes can deliver a new phase of U.S. growth.
3. Low Pricing Helps Drive Value, But Ultimately Hurts Quality Perceptions
Too many c-store operators focus solely on the cost side of food when pricing foodservice items, and can lose sight of a product's full revenue potential.
4. Amendment to Financial Reform Would Limit ATM Fees
Convenience stores and bankers find themselves on the same side of an issue for a change, as both industries oppose an amendment to the Senate financial reform bill that would cap ATM fees at 50 cents.
5. Concern, Confusion Surfaces in Wake of Health Care Reform
The passage of health care reform this spring has most c-store operators apprehensive about how they will offer benefits and how it will affect hiring and retention.