You are here
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Grocers Insurance, a member of the Select Markets segment of Argonaut Group Inc. is expanding its line of retail grocery products and services by adding a new program tailored to the needs of the convenience store marketplace. Grocers Insurance is the leading provider of property, liability, and workers compensation insurance to independent retail grocers nationwide. The new convenience store program will be offered in all states currently served by Grocers Insurance through its existing appointed agency base.
Grocers Insurance has been providing insurance and risk management services to the retail grocery industry since 1969. Through this new program, convenience store clients will now be able to take advantage of its extensive grocery store expertise and specialized resources as well.
Some of the highlights of the new convenience store program include:
• Access to more than 30 safety and loss-prevention resources tailored for the retail grocery environment;
• Customized crime coverage with automatic increased limits during weekends or other prime crime-risk periods;
• Coverage for gas pumps and other outdoor property;
• Computer damage coverage, including point-of-sale and gas monitoring systems;
• Counterfeit paper and fraudulent money-order protection;
• Liquor liability coverage;
• Water backup and sewer coverage;
• 24-hour emergency hotline for reporting claims; and
• Years of retail claims expertise in each jurisdiction served.
William T. Meisen, president of Grocers Insurance, stated, "Our coverage and services protect retail grocers from industry-specific exposures. We are excited about the opportunity to serve another complementary market niche using the knowledge and industry-leading services we have developed over the past three decades. The challenges facing the retail grocery and convenience store markets today are quite similar, and we look forward to leveraging our retail grocery expertise and specialized resources to help retail convenience store owners operate their businesses."
The Grocers Insurance convenience store program is available in all states except Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi and New York.