You are here
FAIRFAX, Va. — The American Wholesale Marketers Association (AWMA) is reaching new heights for its 2015 AWMA Marketplace & Solutions Expo.
The association tapped adventurer Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind person in history to summit Mount Everest, as the expo's keynote speaker. The event will take place Feb. 24-26 at the Paris Las Vegas.
"Erik continues to inspire others with motivational talks, charity work, and wild adventures. We are delighted that he will be with us to open the final day of our exciting new 2015 Expo," said AWMA President and CEO Scott Ramminger.
Weihenmayer has many years of sustained high visibility in the United States and abroad. His accomplishments include:
- One of only 100 mountaineers to climb all Seven Summits;
- Completed the Primal Quest, billed as the toughest adventure race in the world;
- Landed on the cover story for Time, Outside, Parade and Climbing magazines, plus many others;
- Appeared on the "Today Show," "NBC Nightly News," "Oprah," "20/20," "Nightline," "Charlie Rose," "Good Morning America," and others;
- Led six blind Tibetan teenagers to 21,500 feet on the North side of Mount Everest, higher than any group of blind people have ever stood;
- Named World News Tonight’s Person of the Week.
The AWMA Marketplace & Solutions Expo is dedicated to convenience store distribution, where buyers who are purchasing for more than 150,000 stores come to see new products, make buying decisions and learn about the latest trends.