HOUSTON -- CITGO Petroleum Corp. will host a series of roundtable meetings intended to help CITGO marketers grow their businesses starting Feb. 12 and running through March 5 throughout CITGO's footprint. During the meetings, CITGO personnel will present 2013 program updates, advertising plans and other tools to generate more traffic and sales.
2013 is the 25th anniversary of the CITGO roundtable meetings. "As we have for the last 25 years, we begin the year with a series of meetings that showcase the CITGO programs and customer support that our marketers have at their disposal," stated Alan Flagg, general manager of light oils marketing for CITGO. "One of our overarching goals is to provide flexible programs that fit the needs of our independent marketers, not one-size-fits-all solutions. Through these meetings we can talk directly with our valued customers and really understand how we can help them succeed."
Key programs for CITGO marketers and retailers this year include:
- Introduction of TriCLEAN Fuel, an enhanced CITGO gasoline designed to keep engines clean and operating at optimal levels;
- Launch of the Fueling Good Road Trip, a tour through the CITGO footprint that highlights local communities, schools and charities, and will be reported on through social and broadcast media;
- Growth in the CITGO Grow Bucks program, including a revised tier structure to reward higher-volume locations;
- Continued promotion of the CITGO Rewards proprietary credit card;
- Continued emphasis on the Centennial image implementation, which is currently in place at more than half of all CITGO locations; and
- Changes to the Trimark of Excellence mystery shop program that raise the bar on award and penalty thresholds.
"All of these programs will help grow the brand and generate enthusiasm and excitement among our potential and existing marketers and retailers," Flagg added. "We added more than 20 new marketers and nearly 400 new-to-CITGO branded locations in our network last year, so we are ready to build on that momentum and work hard for our customers this year."
CITGO marketers are encouraged to contact their CITGO territory sales manager if they want more information on the 2013 programs but are unable to attend their local roundtable meeting.