You are here
LA CROSSE, Wis. — Kwik Trip Inc. was among the recipients of the 2015 Community and Economic Development Awards, presented recently by the Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA), according to the La Crosse Tribune.
The awards program was created to recognize economic development-focused groups whose best practices make the community or region it serves a better place.
“WEDA is excited to launch this program to celebrate the efforts of local, county, regional and private organizations in advancing our state’s economy and the quality of life,” said Brian Doudna, executive director of WEDA.
Other winners of the 2015 Community and Economic Development Awards include:
- Business Retention & Expansion: Meijer, Kenosha; Trane, La Crosse
- Economic Development Initiative: Transform Milwaukee, Milwaukee
- Expanding Sector: The Water Council, Milwaukee
- Human Capital (workforce development): Northeast Wisconsin Manufacturing Alliance
- Real Estate Development & Reuse: Renaissance Faire II LLC, West Allis; city of Edgerton; city of Oak Creek
- Economic Driver: Kwik Trip and Nu Pak
The Wisconsin League of Municipalities, Wisconsin Counties Association and Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. partnered with WEDA to implement the awards program, the news outlet reported.
La Crosse-based Kwik Trip operates more than 400 convenience stores in the Midwest.