You are here
NEW YORK -- Convenience Store News this week launched the first in a series of new products videocasts by Phil Lempert, the Supermarket Guru and NBC "Today Show" food critic.
Check out this week’s video at www.csnews.com/products and see Lempert’s take on:
-- A line of frozen cereal bowls from Amy's Organic Foods;
-- Sliced mini hot dogs, ready to eat in single serving snack bags from Old Wisconsin Beef Snack Bites;
-- A yogurt that contains a blend of beneficial bacteria from Yoplait Yo Plus;
-- The tastiest caramels on the shelf (or maybe planet?) from Chief's Choice; and
-- A Budweiser and Clamato Chelada that hits the mark with Hispanic customers.
Lempert’s consumer panel taste-tests and judges each product based on the following criteria:
1. (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food.
2. (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
3. (15 points) Health: Based on the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
4. (15 points) Ingredients: What's in it, how natural is it?
5. (10 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions?
6. (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description?
7. (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as re-sealability, added freshness, better storage, etc.?
Check out CSNews.com each week for Lempert’s five products in five minutes reviews.