NATIONAL REPORT — National food trends analyst Phil Lempert will host the 2017 Top Ten Trends Forecast event in a livestream on Dec. 14 at 12 p.m. Eastern time. Registration is open here with sign-ups limited to the first 500 attendees.
Lempert is the founder of food trends publication The Lempert Report and Supermarket Guru.com, a leading online resource for food safety, products, trends and shopping tips. He is also a contributing editor to Convenience Store News' sister publication Progressive Grocer.
For more than 20 years, Lempert has predicted what trends will have the most impact on consumers, retail and all things food, along with the implications people can expect and the opportunities and downsides.
"This coming year, with the new administration and the anticipated changes we will see in food regulation and policy, may prove to be our most challenging era of the past few decades," Lempert said. "Are you prepared?"
The forecast is designed for retailers, brands, farmers, retail dietitians, distributors and everyone involved in the food world. It will help attendees plan for the future and understand and capitalize on the most exciting opportunities to come.
Some of the issues to be discussed during the event include:
- How Silicon Valley's influence in food is expanding and changing the food rules up and down the supply chain
- The new technology that will create animal-free animal proteins from animals' DNA
- The food focus shift from millennials to Generation Z
- Health & wellness' next consumer evolution
- How the new administration's threat to overturn food regulation and labeling laws will impact retailers, brands and consumers
The free web event is scheduled for 45 minutes followed by a live 15-minute question and answer session.