Convenience Store News with underwriting support from Altria, The Hershey Company, Workjam and The Coca-Cola Company, has launched a new platform to facilitate engagement among all stakeholders in the convenience store industry around diversity and inclusion. This webcast is the part of a multi-touch digital and print program that will focus on the business case for c-store retailers to place a greater emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
In this special webcast, CSNews Editorial Director Don Longo will be joined by Dr. Edward T. Rincon, a research psychologist with a 45-year record of conducting research studies for U.S. private, public and academic institutions, and Jason Greer, founder and president of Greer Consulting, a labor management and employee relations consulting firm located in St. Louis.
They will discuss:
- The growing presence of 121.6 million multicultural persons in the U.S. – including Latinos, Blacks and Asians – and how they have contributed greatly to the quality of life in the U.S.
- Common stereotypes and misperceptions in communication and decision-making these groups of people.
- How traditional screening tools used to identify and hire talent are not very useful because they rely on a person’s cultural background or language skills instead of their multicultural knowledge or beliefs.
- How a team of multicultural experts developed a test that probes for information in six core areas of essential knowledge for persons involved in multicultural-focused jobs, campaigns or activities.
These six core areas include:
- Demographic Concepts & Trends
- Language Behavior
- Beliefs / Perceptions
- Decision Making
Join us for this free, one-hour webcast on April 28, at 1 PM eastern time.