You are here
There are certain fun facts about Las Vegas that most everybody knows. For instance, the fact that it is widely referred to as Sin City; or that it is home to the legendary Las Vegas Strip; or that its motto is "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." But there are countless other tidbits about this town that one should keep in mind while traversing its famed streets.
Here, Convenience Store News spotlights the Las Vegas market, looking at who lives here, who comes to play here, who the key convenience store players are, and much more.
Did You Know…
- The Greater Las Vegas area is composed of the cities of Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Boulder City and unincorporated areas of Clark County, Nev.
- The 2011 population of the Greater Las Vegas area was 1,966,630. Compared to the previous year, the population dropped by 69,728 residents, a 3.4-percent decline.
- Las Vegas’ citywide occupancy is 83.8 percent.
- Last year, a total of 38,928,708 visitors came to Las Vegas.
- Ten percent of visitors are under the age of 21, while the average visitor age is 49.
- Clark County’s gaming revenue last year was $9.2 billion. Gaming revenue on the Las Vegas Strip alone came in at $6.1 billion.
- Las Vegas is the top trade show destination in the country. In 2011, 19,029 conventions were held, bringing with them a total of 4,865,272 convention delegates.