You are here
SAN RAMON, Calif. -- Chevron USA Inc.'s Texaco brand has gone a little more country by adding Luke Bryan and the Country Music Association to its roster of entertainment sponsorships.
This year has marked Texaco's largest investment in country music to date. The brand partnered with MEC Access, the Entertainment & Sports Partnership division of global media agency MEC for this latest sponsorship.
"There is a natural connection between music and cars, particularly among loyal country music fans," said Carrie Holt, brand manager for Texaco. "By aligning our brand with something so engrained in consumers' everyday lives, Texaco has been able to establish a connection with our core audience, while furthering our commitment to delivering a 'star' quality performance across America."
In cooperation with the MEC partnership, Texaco is initiating several campaigns for country music fans:
- Luke Bryan sponsorship -- Texaco will join Bryan, the 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards' Entertainer of the Year, on his "Dirt Road Diaries" summer tour and his "Farm Tour" this fall;
- Country Music Association sponsorship -- Texaco was named an "official sponsor" of its three signature events: the CMA Music Festival, the CMA Awards and the CMS Country Christmas;
- Katz Media Group -- Texaco will work with the media representation company to create local grassroots contests and giveaways to raise awareness of the company's deep relationship with country music;
- The "Star Power Giveaway" media promotion -- Launched last month across the more than 1,775 Texaco-branded stations nationwide, it brings together all of the brand's country music investments to celebrate the past, present and future stars of country music, providing fans a chance to win prizes including a VIP flyaway trip to see Bryan perform; and
- Texaco Country Showdown -- Texaco will be the title sponsor of the country music competition, which in the past has spawned such stars as Toby Keith, Martina McBride, Garth Brooks and LeAnn Rimes.
Chevron USA Inc. and Texaco are divisions of San Ramon, Calif.-based Chevron Corp.