Quick Stats

Quick Stats

    You are here

    Sheetz Among Virginia's Best Places to Work

    Company employs more than 2,300 people in Virginia at its 58 locations.

    ALTOONA, Pa. -- Sheetz has been named to be one of Virginia's best places to work in an annual competition judged by a public/private partnership that includes the Virginia Chamber of Commerce, the Virginia Society for Human Resource Management (VA SHRM) and the publication, Virginia Business, the company reported.

    "This is an extremely meaningful award for us because our employees voted for Sheetz," Stan Sheetz, president and CEO of Sheetz Inc. said in a released statement. "I am extremely proud of them."

    Sheetz employees were surveyed on their experiences, and their responses were responsible for 75 percent of the total company score. In addition, an evaluation of Sheetz' workplace policies, practices, philosophies, systems and demographics accounted for the remaining 25 percent. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process, according to the company.

    Sheetz employs more than 2,300 people in Virginia at its 58 locations, and the company also just received word that it's been judged among the top employers in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

    "It's an honor to serve our customers, and our employees take that responsibility seriously," said Sheetz. "We want every person to have an excellent experience, regardless of which Sheetz location they visit."

    This survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places to be employed in Virginia, benefiting the state's economy, its workforce and businesses.

    To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:

    -- Have at least 25 employees in Virginia

    -- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business

    -- Be a publicly or privately held business

    -- Have a facility in Virginia

    -- Be in good standing with Virginia state agencies

    Related Content

    Related Content