You are here
BURR RIDGE, Ill. -- Royal Buying Group Inc. (RBG) recently named its 2010 Vendors of the Year at the 2011 Independent C-Store Expo. The award is granted by RBG to the vendors who provide the best service and programming in their category to RBG's chain of independently operated convenience stores, truck stops and travel plazas, college bookstores, pharmacies, and tobacco and liquor stores, according to the announcement.
The winners included:
• Beverage Category: Paul F. Meder, sales director, national retail sales, Anheuser-Busch Inc.
• Candy Category: Sam Van Cleave, regional business manager, Perfetti Van Melle
• General Merchandise Category: Jim Blosser, executive vice president, sales, Convenience Valet
• Equipment Category: Jeff Bukantz, president, Flex Energy
• Foodservice Category: Stephen Douglas, national account manager convenience stores, Boyd Coffee Co.
• Snacks Category: Scott Hoff, central area director, Unilever Ice Cream
• Tobacco Category: Rick Hunsberger, vice president of sales, Smokey Mountain Chew Inc.
• Distributor Category: Ken Long, sales manager, Dearborn Grocery Wholesalers
Royal Buying Group is a national organization dedicated to maximizing sales and profitability of petroleum locations, truckstops and travel plaza centers, college book stores, auto repair facilities, drug stores, tobacco outlets and liquor stores, according to the company. It currently represents over 6,000 locations across the country.