You are here
NEW YORK -- 7-Eleven stores are no longer alone in carrying Flexplay Technologies Inc.’s 48-hour, no-return ez-Ds, as Disney's Buena Vista Home Entertainment has expanded the distribution to include several additional convenience store retailers in just-added test markets of Orlando, Fla.; Denver; Phoenix; and San Antonio.
The new retailers include:
* Circle K in Orlando, Fla., and Phoenix
* Valero Energy Corp.'s Diamond Shamrock stores in Denver, Phoenix and San Antonio
* BP locations in Denver (Sunburst) and Phoenix
* Phillips 66, Kum N Go, Loaf N Jug, JR's and Russell's in Denver
* Cumberland Farms, Hess and Altitunes (airport entertainment store) in Orlando, Fla.
The ez-D, which began testing in September 2003, is a recyclable DVD that never has to be returned to a video store because the discs have a chemical treatment that makes them unplayable 48 hours after the package is opened. Some of the titles available from Disney’s Buena Vista Home Video label include Gangs of New York, Freaky Friday and Under the Tuscan Sun.