Market Research published in January 2016
- Independents made up nearly-three quarters of 2015 growth.
- Prompting a change in the "usual" choice encourages incremental growth.
- Rebound comes as vapor segment moderates.
- Survey finds omnichannel attempts fall short.
- Consumers increasingly traded up in their purchases.
- McCormick predicts six trends likely to gain traction.
- Quik Stop and ARCO also among most inexpensive.
- Creative flavors among the most popular launches.
- Confectionery is seeing total store growth of 3.2 percent.
- Balvor, Brick Meets Click and Progressive Grocer are partners in first-ever digital media study.
- Dollar sales growing faster than unit sales, Nielsen data shows.
- The national average for the year was $2.40 per gallon.