You are here
WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J. -- Quick Chek's 320-member team of volunteer employees helped welcome more than 112,000 guests to Readington, N.J.'s Solberg Airport for the 28th Annual Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning, the company reported.
The highly anticipated, annual three-day festival held Friday, July 23 through Sunday, July 25, 2010, has consistently grown to be the largest summertime hot air balloon and music festival in North America, according to the company. Quick Chek has served as the event's premiere sponsor for the past 18 consecutive years.
"Along with our famed fresh coffee program, made-to-order subs and superior customer service, we are also well know for our long-standing sponsorship of the Quick Chek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning," President and CEO Dean Durling said in a released statement. "We are committed to being the best convenience store marketer in the region and supporting this unforgettable family event is a natural fit not only to showcase our broad range of fresh product choices and outstanding customer service, but our great pride in the region we serve."
Quick Chek's signature Fresh Farm Balloon took to the skies six times throughout the weekend amid a colorful spectrum of up to 125 hot air balloons. This year's festival also featured:
• An on-site, air-conditioned, 2,700 square foot Quick Chek convenience store offering event attendees fresh-brewed coffee, iced coffee, made-to-order subs, oven-baked pizza, wraps, salads and breakfast sandwiches, along with Quick Freeze, milkshakes and fountain drinks;
• Quick Chek's 3,000 square foot Hospitality Tent, including live music, arts and crafts for kids, shaded seating areas and more;
• A weekend-long concert series starring Air Supply, Emily Osment from Hannah Montana, George Thorogood and the Destroyers and Rick Springfield;
• The "Running with the Balloons" 5K Race and Family Fun Run;
• A night-time balloon glow event; and,
• Festival fireworks display.