TPE 2011 opens March 2 with more than 150 exhibitors from around the world.
- Drum premium rolling tobacco, introduces Golden Mellow: a fine-cut halfzware shag with a unique blend of bright and rich tobaccos expertly selected from premier growers around the world, according to the company.
- Bill proposes raising smoking age from 18 to 19 years old.
- Twenty-five letters went out to retailers in Mississippi after a three-month review.
- The manufacturer of Newport, a leading menthol cigarette brand, buys domain names to ward off cyber campaigns.
- Here’s a quick blast of recent regulatory/legislative news from the western region of the United States.
- New FDA guidelines will affect those products introduced or changed going back four years.
- Tobaccooutletbusinessonline.com: The two bills are identical, and put a new tool into the hands of the state, in its battle to stop illicit commerce of contraband (black and gray market) tobacco products, mainly cigarettes.
- A Senate move to raise the levy $1 stalled in 2009 stalled in the House.
- Tobaccooutletbusinessonline.com: Arango Cigar Co. has purchased the assets and distribution rights of XYZ Direct, Ltd. Arango also owns the Wessex brand as part of the agreement.
- Spain became the latest country to outlaw smoking in enclosed public space on Jan. 2.
- Philip Morris USA applauds a judge’s decision to strike down a campaign to post graphic pictures where tobacco is sold.