- PRNewswire: The menthol review will establish the precedent for the role scientific data will play in the regulation of the tobacco industry and its attendant products, whether or not they are regulated under a section that mimics Section 510(k) clearances.
- Cityam.com: BRITISH American Tobacco is looking to take over a Colombian cigarette-maker for around £290m, sources close to the firm said.
The $1 increase could still see new life in the state Senate.
TPE 2011 opens March 2 with more than 150 exhibitors from around the world.
- Drum premium rolling tobacco, introduces Golden Mellow: a fine-cut halfzware shag with a unique blend of bright and rich tobaccos expertly selected from premier growers around the world, according to the company.
- Bill proposes raising smoking age from 18 to 19 years old.
- Twenty-five letters went out to retailers in Mississippi after a three-month review.
- The manufacturer of Newport, a leading menthol cigarette brand, buys domain names to ward off cyber campaigns.
- Here’s a quick blast of recent regulatory/legislative news from the western region of the United States.
- New FDA guidelines will affect those products introduced or changed going back four years.
- Tobaccooutletbusinessonline.com: Arango Cigar Co. has purchased the assets and distribution rights of XYZ Direct, Ltd. Arango also owns the Wessex brand as part of the agreement.
- Tobaccooutletbusinessonline.com: The two bills are identical, and put a new tool into the hands of the state, in its battle to stop illicit commerce of contraband (black and gray market) tobacco products, mainly cigarettes.