You are here
WESTLAKE, Ohio — TravelCenters of America LLC, operator of the TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel center brands, just dispelled any doubt that a bowling alley could be found in a travel center.
Located at I-77, Exit 5 at 2154 South Beltline Blvd., in Columbia, S.C., TravelCenters' newest Petro offers the Beltline Lanes and Gaming Center, an entertainment offering constructed within the travel center that includes a 16-lane Brunswick bowling facility, a 6,700-square-foot arcade gaming area and two visual golf and gun range simulators.
A wide assortment of Quaker Steak & Lube food options, including wings, pizza and beverages, are available from the gaming center's own unique menu.
"We've had an exciting start to the year with the opening of our newest full-service travel center perfectly situated right off Interstate 77 in South Carolina. Our commitment to professional drivers and the motoring community starts with a one stop facility to meet all their driving needs," President and CEO Tom O’Brien said. "This site especially offers drivers some new and unique experiences with the Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant and The Beltline Lanes bowling facility, while also delivering on the unparalleled level of amenities and customer service they have come to know and expect."
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Petro Columbia offers:
- A six-bay truck service center access to preventive maintenance, tire and repair services;
- A brightly lit truck parking lot with 134 truck parking spaces;
- Eight diesel lanes;
- CAT truck scale;
- Large, clean and brightly lit restrooms;
- A laundry facility with machines that accept credit/debit card payments and send the user a text message when the cycle is finished;
- Ten driver showers operated by a fully automated reservation system, also accessible through the TA/Petro TruckSmart mobile app;
- A StayFit fitness room, which is free to professional drivers who are UltraONE Driver Rewards Program members;
- Reserve-It Parking that allows professional drivers to reserve a parking space; and
- Professional driver movie and TV room.
There is also a variety of foodservice amenities available at Petro Columbia, such as: a Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant that seats 276 guests, including 38 patio seats; a Starbucks Coffee Co. that seats 76 guests and also offers outdoor patio seating; and a Minit Mart travel store stocked with Minit Mart’s Cool Cup fountain beverages, World Blends Coffee, and fresh grab-and-go food options.
TravelCenters and Columbia city officials worked closely together to ensure that this newly constructed facility will have a positive impact on the city and its economic development, as well as provide professional drivers and local customers the finest in travel center amenities, entertainment and customer service, the company stated.
Westlake-based TravelCenters of America operates in 43 states and Canada. It operates the TA and Petro Stopping Centers travel center brands, as well as the Minit Mart convenience store brand.