You are here
TEMPLE, Texas — McLane Co. Inc. is putting a new face on its private label line
At its National Trade Show this week, the Temple-based supply chain services company debuted CVP (Consumer Value Products), its newly rebranded private label company which was formerly known as Salado Sales.
According to McLane, "CVP will offer quality private label product lines equal to or better than name brands for a lower price and higher margins for retailers, and will be offered only to McLane customers."
Along with the rebranding to CVP, McLane will debut five new brands and provide a mix spanning 240-plus foodservice, automotive, candy and snacks, general merchandise, grocery and health, beauty and wellness products.
Road-Tech and Work Fare, two of McLane's established private label brands will still be available to consumers through the rebranded CVP line.
Citing a SymphonyIRI Group's report, McLane noted 47 percent of consumers buy more private label today than before the economic downturn began, and that one in three U.S. shoppers actively searches for store brands to save money.
McLane said it designed the new comprehensive CVP family of brands to reflect the needs of consumers today including delivering a product mix that offers relevancy, variety and value, while saving them money. It founded Salado Sales in 1993.
Under CVP's umbrella, McLane is offering five new brands:
- Hometown Market: The Hometown Market line will offer a variety of products like banana nut granola, nuts, trail mix and yogurt pretzels to sugar and creamer that support c-stores foodservice operations, and many of which will also meet The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) healthy criteria.
- Pristyn Purified Water: Pristyn Purified Water supports the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) organization’s “Drink Up” initiative to help promote more consumption of water. Available in 100-percent recyclable bottles, the water line is sold in individual bottles and 24-packs.
- Excursion Beef Jerky: The Excursion Beef Jerky line is the ultimate protein snack with flavors ranging from Smokey BBQ Pork Jerky, Teriyaki Beef Jerky, Cracked Pepper Beef Jerky to Smokehouse Beef Jerky.
- YumBees: The YumBees line will offer various hard, gummy and chocolate candy products as well as a variation of favorite name-brand products.
- Beau Dacious Biscuits: The new line of quality dog treat products is available in peanut butter, grain free yogurt and cranberry bites and assorted treat flavors.
"Consumers today want the option to purchase quality store-branded products at a reasonable price, so it made sense for us to up our commitment to private label and rebrand to fit the needs of our retail customers," said Teresa Voelter, general manager of private label at McLane.
"McLane's new comprehensive CVP line provides retailers who don't already offer a private label products or have the resources to stock private label inventory the ability to do so and at attractive prices, while keeping their gross margins and profits high," she added.
McLane plans to roll out additional new products under the CVP family of brands in 2017. Consumers will also be able to use a new product search tool located on the CVP site to find their favorite products at one of the 17,000-plus retailer locations.
McLane provides grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. Through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and wholly owned subsidiary, Meadowbrook Meat Co. Inc., it operates 80 distribution centers across the U.S.
The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.