You are here
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Nominations are now being accepted for the 2016 Confectionery Leadership Awards, presented by the National Confectioners Association (NCA) in conjunction with Candy & Snack TODAY magazine.
The NCA’s member-driven awards program was established six years ago to recognize retail and wholesale members who demonstrate exceptional leadership in advancing the confectionery category.
“NCA member retail and wholesale customers are a fundamental part of the confectionery industry’s supply chain engagement,” said Larry Wilson, NCA’s vice president of industry relations. “The Confectionery Leadership Awards seeks to reward individuals that set the gold standard when it comes to being leaders in their profession. We encourage NCA members to nominate someone they feel is worthy of such an honored distinction.”
All confectionery retailers and wholesalers based in the United States from any distribution channel are eligible.
Although the awards program pays tribute to outstanding customers, it also fosters deeper customer engagement and support of the confectionery industry, according to NCA.
According to the guidelines, recipients of this award must exemplify many of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates consistent leadership and drives breakthrough thinking;
- Leverages their experience to continually advance the entire category in multiple ways;
- Elevates the role of confectionery to a higher level in the retail environment;
- Delivers category growth while leveraging the overall retail profit potential of confectionery;
- Drives best practices through category promotion, innovative merchandising and manufacturer collaboration;
- Exhibits strong potential for continued growth; and
- Acts as a role model for other retailers/wholesalers.
Nominations are being accepted through Monday, Oct. 5. Submissions can be made by clicking here.
The Confectionery Leadership Awards will be presented at NCA’s 2016 State of the Industry Conference in February at Trump National Doral in Miami.