PLANO, Texas -- Dr Pepper is getting ready to launch its latest advertising campaign just in time for the new year. The "/1" campaign, or "one for one" will feature real people with real one-of-a-kind stories.
According to the Plano, Texas-based beverage company, each spot in the "/1" campaign will follow an inspiring individual to reveal, through a series of descending statistics, why he or she is truly one of a kind, including:
- Justin "Nordic Thunder" Howard -- 2011 U.S. Air Guitar champion and YouTube sensation known for his dynamic personality and performance style.
- Mikaela Mayer -- professional model turned Olympic female boxing hopeful.
- Misty Copeland -- Boys & Girls Club alumna and soloist for the prestigious American Ballet Theatre.
- Jen Mayfield -- suburban mom of five by day, roller derby queen by night.
- Armando Cristian Perez, aka Pitbull -- a rapper, songwriter, actor, and record producer.
"Now, in an age of YouTube stars, Tumblr and Twitter, people more than ever are putting their individuality out into the world," said Leslie Vesper, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "That's why the '/1' campaign features real people with real stories that make them like no one else -- in hopes to inspire more people to live their one-of-a-kind lives, a sentiment that Dr Pepper has shared since its beginning."
The first two "/1" spots will debut on Jan. 1 and feature the personal stories of Mayer and Mayfield. Dr Pepper will also release a 60-second montage ad that celebrates the "one of a kindness" in all of us to run during the Discover BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 7, televised nationally on ESPN.
The "/1" campaign was created by Deutsch LA and will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign that includes national television and online media.