You are here
DALLAS — A new sweepstakes from 7-Eleven Inc., Slurpee All Access Chill, brings music and Slurpee together to offer customers exclusive prizes and once-in-a-lifetime experiences now through July 18.
"We are getting into the full swing of Slurpee season as we head into summer," said Laura Gordon, vice president of marketing and brand innovation at 7-Eleven. "Summer is all about having fun, hanging out with friends and making memories. And music is a big part of that. With All Access Chill, we hope to bring Slurpee and music together; and for a lot of lucky winners, create special memories that will last a lifetime."
To enter, customers should register with 7-Eleven’s mobile app, which creates a unique barcode for each user. When a Slurpee drink is purchased, the store employee will scan the Slurpee cup and the member’s barcode, automatically entering them in the sweepstakes. Every Slurpee drink purchase and scan of the 7-Eleven app member’s barcode is an entry to win access to more than 17,000 prizes.
Some of the prizes offer exclusive Slurpee All Access Chill music-related experiences, including:
- Meet-and-greet with Austin Mahone: Some sweepstakes winners will be given backstage access to the pop star’s concert, where they’ll experience an up-close and personal meet-and-greet with the star.
- Exclusive VIP trip to a top music festival: Each festival will feature a Slurpee truck staffed to dispense free Slurpee drinks and give away more prizes. Each winner will win tickets to one of five festivals: Rock in Rio in Las Vegas; Sasquatch in George, Wash.; Governors Ball in New York; Firefly in Dover, Del.; and Electric Forest in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Experience a music recording session firsthand: One winner can attend a Los Angeles recording session with a famous producer at a world-renowned recording studio and visit the Grammy museum.
- A “festival makeover” with a top stylist: This winner will have a makeover with a Hollywood stylist to create a personal festival look with a new outfit, hair and makeup session and photo shoot.
- An album cover-style photo shoot: One winner will spend a day with a stylist to select an outfit and have a hair and makeup session before an album-cover style photo shoot with a world-renowned rock ‘n’ roll photographer.
All of the above prizes include roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, transportation, spending cash and a travel coordinator.
Other Slurpee All Access Chill sweepstakes prizes are Beats by Dre headphones, Fender guitars, ticket vouchers for the summer’s hottest music events, iTunes gift cards, three-month subscriptions to Spotify, and more.
Winners will be chosen at random from the scanned barcodes and alerted via the email they provide at the time of registration. Prizes will be awarded each day and must be claimed within 72 hours of notification. Participants must be legal U.S. residents aged 13 and older.
During the sweepstakes, 7-Eleven locations will also feature an exclusive flavor, Mtn Dew Solar Flare. The bright red-orange drink has the bold citrus flavor of Mountain Dew with a kick of tropical punch. It is debuting in Slurpee form this year after being introduced as an exclusive Big Gulp flavor last summer. The convenience store chain will also bring back the Lemonade Slurpee by popular demand.
According to 7-Eleven, music festivals continue to grow in popularity, especially among millennials. One in five millennials attended festivals in the past 12 months, and their attendance jumped 28 percent between 2013 and 2014. Besides music, festivals influence fashion, technology, social conversations and pop culture, the retailer noted.
"We believe music is a way to connect with this age group on an emotional level. To be relevant, we have to be part of our customers' lives to give them more reasons to love our Slurpee brand and create experiences they can share with their friends," Gordon said. "Our 7Rewards loyalty program through the 7-Eleven app makes it easy for them to get more of what they love."
Each Slurpee purchase also counts as a punch on 7Rewards and the ongoing Buy 6 Cups, Get the 7th Cup Free offer on the 7-Eleven app. The app is available for download in the App Store and Google Play.