1. All consumer packaged goods SUPPLIERS are eligible.
2. Products introduced from April 1, 2014 through March 31, 2015 are eligible. CONSUMER GOODS ONLY, PLEASE. ONLY PRODUCTS DESIGNED FOR RESALE TO CONSUMERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. No store equipment or technology products are eligible.
3. Entries should include supporting information such as press releases,product/service history, when introduced, C-store sales data since introduction, explanation of why this product is deserving of the award, why the product is important to the C-store channel, and what niche it fills.
4. Entrants must send 3 samples of the product along with the receipt for their online entry and payment, and any supporting material, all in the same package to: Susan Durtschi, CEO and President, Past Times Research, 77 Hudson Watch Drive, Ossining, NY 10562.
5. Complete entries must be received by July 31, 2015. Clearly mark on the outside of all shipping packages "2015 CSNEWS.” In addition, frozen/refrigerated or other perishables need to be clearly marked “PERISHABLE.”
6. There are 44 award categories. Please clearly indicate which award category you are entering.
7. Each entry requires a handling fee of $125.
8. Winners will receive: a crystal engraved award, coverage in CSNews Dailies at the NACS Show and post-NACS issue, and the right to use the 2015 Best New Product Award logo in all future promotion materials.
9. Products will be judged on the following criteria:
- Taste: The most important attribute of any food. Non-food items will be based on utility/efficiency (30 points)
- Value: Is it worth it? (20 points)
- Convenience: Is size/packaging appropriate for a convenience store or to be consumed by shoppers on-the-go? (15 points)
- Health: Based on nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced? (10 points)
- Ingredients: What’s in it, how natural is it, does it meet current consumer trends? (10 points)
- Preparation*: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions, or how easy is it to prepare (microwavable in the store)?
- Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description? (5 points)
- Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits such as resealability, added freshness, better storage, etc? (5 points)
* Products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of points included in their total score.