You are here
CAMP HILL, Pa. -- The Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association (PFMA) and Pennsylvania Convenience Store Council (PCSC) honored 25 individuals with its first annual Keystone Awards during its 50th anniversary conference in Hershey, Pa.
The inaugural group of Keystone Awards were presented for exceptional efforts in Good Government and in FoodPAC, the association's political action committee. Each Keystone Awardee received a Keystone-shaped crystal plaque in honor of their service to PFMA. The honorees were:
* Vincent Anderson, senior vice president, law and government relations, Wawa, Inc.
* Jack Clemens, president and CEO, Clemens Family Markets.
* Vince Gastgeb, regional sales manager, Sara Lee Foods.
* Scott Hartman, president Rutter's Farm Stores.
* Stewart Hartman, officer and director, Rutter's Farm Stores.
* J. Christopher Michael, president and CEO, Associated Wholesalers Inc.
* Dan Pastor, senior vice president and chief operating officer, Crossroads Convenience LLC.
The Good Government Award is presented to members or legislators who have worked to create legislative or regulatory changes that enhance the business climate in Pennsylvania, said David McCorkle, PFMA and PCSC president and CEO.
"The hard work of many individuals has led to successful projects for the food industry," McCorkle said. "It was time for us to acknowledge the individuals who have built and expanded the association's legislative and FoodPAC initiatives."
CAPTION: Front row (from left) Walter Rubel, Acme Markets Inc.; Christy Spoa, Save-A-Lot; Stewart Hartman, Rutter's Farm Stores; J. Christopher Michael, Associated Wholesalers Inc.; and Jack Clemens, Clemens Family Markets. Back row: Rich Savner, Pathmark Stores Inc.; Vince Gastgeb, Sara Lee Foods; Rick Russell, Giant Eagle Inc; Scott Hartman, Rutter's Farm Stores; Dan Pastor, Crossroads Convenience LLC; and Earl Redner, Redner's Markets Inc.