You are here
CHICAGO — The National Confectioners Association (NCA) released the educational lineup for the 2017 Sweets & Snacks Expo, taking place May 23-25, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The 2017 Expo will offer nearly 20 educational sessions ranging from consumer insights to the latest industry trends for the candy, snack and specialty categories. New this year will be a track designed for first-time attendees to help them optimize their experience.
"Providing attendees with an unrivaled trade show experience is paramount to the success of the Sweets & Snacks Expo," commented Barry Rosenbaum, Expo chairman and president of Nassau Candy Distributors Inc. "Having specialized tracks for candy, snack, specialty and now first-timers ensures that Expo is one of the best sources for trends and education within the industry."
Among the various tracks are pre-show morning "Eye-Opener" sessions, which feature state-of-the-market insight-packed sessions for candy, snack and specialty.
A sampling of some of the specific topics to be covered at this year's Sweets & Snacks Expo are:
- Confectionery 2017: State of the Market
- 2017 Global Candy and Snack Product Trends
- Unlocking Growth in Candy and Snacks
- Snacks 2017: State of the Market
- A Shopper Back Approach to Planning
- What Do Shoppers Really Want?
- Specialty 2017: State of the Market
- What's New and Trending in Flavors
- How Mediocrity Undid American Shopping
- Your Best Expo: Getting the Most out of Your Sweets & Snacks Expo Experience
- Power Pitch II: How to Make Your First Pitch the Best Pitch
- What IBM is Seeing in Your Shopping Future
The full educational schedule can be viewed on the Sweets & Snacks Expo website.
Hosted by Washington, D.C.-based NCA, the 2017 Sweets & Snacks Expo will welcome more than 17,000 attendees from 90 different countries. Nearly 800 exhibitors will display innovative products from the confectionery, snack and specialty categories.