You are here
LOS ANGELES — Popular brands incorporated spicy flavors, sweet flavors or a combination of both into numerous consumer packaged goods that launched last month, according to market research firm Instantly Inc.'s August Shelf Score report. The monthly report ranks the top 10 new consumer packaged goods products hitting supermarket and convenience store shelves by consumer intent to purchase.
Classic brands also offered new varieties, including Oreo Thins: Mint, which topped the list with purchase intent of 72 percent.
Pepperidge Farm Brown Butter Rum Cookies saw the highest sweet debut with 66 percent purchase intent. Meanwhile, Pringles brought the spice with its Jalapeño Bacon flavor, and Nature Valley offered a combo in the form of its Sweet & Spicy Chili Dark Chocolate Bar.
The top 10 new products and their purchase intent scores for August were:
- Oreo Thins: Mint — 72 percent
- Pepperidge Farm Brown Butter Rum Cookies — 66 percent
- Progresso Stew: Hearty Vegetable Stew with Beef — 62 percent
- Cream of Wheat Instant Hot Cereal To-Go: Cinna-Apple Walnut — 59 percent
- Gluten Free Fruit & Oats Chex Clusters — 58 percent
- Nanisco Ritz Bits Pizza — 57 percent
- Kellogg's Origins Ancient Grains Blend Cereal: Touch of Honey
- Jif Cookies 'n Cream Flavored Hazelnut Spread — 52 percent
- Pringles Jalapeño Bacon — 51 percent
- Nature Valley Sweet & Spicy Chili Dark Chocolate Bar — 47 percent