You are here
WESTLAKE, Ohio — TravelCenters of America LLC, operator of TA and Petro Stopping Centers branded travel centers, is serving as an exhibiting sponsor of the 2015 Great American Trucking Show (GATS). The annual event kicked off Aug. 27 and runs through Aug. 29 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
The Westlake-based travel center chain is hosting numerous parts of GATS 2015, including free truck parking and a free shower trailer. Drivers can park trucks and RVs for free, with no hook-ups, on more than 36 acres located at the Cotton Bowl's Fair Park lot. They will also have access to regular shuttles to and from the convention center, food vendors, showers and portable restrooms.
TravelCenters is also first-time sponsor of the parking lot's shower trailer. Drivers can schedule a shower at the TA and Petro booth or the shower tent in the lot. They receive two free souvenir towels and soap with each appointment, while supplies last.
Drivers who swipe their TravelCenters UltraONE card at the show can win numerous prizes, including a free set of Steer tires, with one winner each day; a free Ultimate/The Works PM service, with two winners each day; a free three-axle alignment, with two winners each day; a dual elite headset by Blue Tiger, with one winner each day; and 2,500 UltraONE points, with one winner each hour.
Other activities from TravelCenters at the show include:
- Free samples of Johnson Corner's Cinnamon Rolls and World Blends Coffee.
- The opportunity for drivers to commemorate their StayFIT commitment to eating healthier by taking a photo with fun-sized fruits and vegetables and grabbing a $1 greenback for use at TravelCenters restaurants by swiping their UltraONE card.
- A meet-and-greet visit with 2015 Citizen Drivers honorees on Friday from 10-11 a.m. during the Citizen Driver open house at the TravelCenters booth.
- Homer Hogg sharing the latest in "Maintenance Matters."
- Live entertainment with Tony Justice on Thursday and Friday at 1 p.m.
- Spinning a wheel to win prizes and make donations, with all proceeds benefiting the St. Christopher Fund (SCF).
- The chance to sign up for the SCF six-month health challenge at booth #24169 in the GATS Health Pavilion.
TA and Petro Stopping Centers, along with co-sponsor Trucking Solutions Group, will also provide a water bottle, cooling towel and 500 UltraONE points to all Health Awareness Walk participants. The walk takes place Saturday at 7 a.m. at trucking parking in the Cotton Bowl's Fair Park lot. The Trucking Solutions Group is holding the Health Awareness Walk in conjunction with the GATS Fit For The Road 5K Run/Walk.