You are here
Women Impacting Storebrand Excellence (WISE) and Store Brands magazine are pleased to announce the honorees in our 2015 Top Women in Store Brands (TWISB) recognition program. The TWISB program was created to provide well-deserved recognition for women executives who have achieved exceptional success and bring a passion for store brands to their day-to-day activities. The categories cover five functional expertise areas, as well as three achievement areas not linked to a specific functional expertise area.
This year’s honorees include:
- Elaine Howard, National Account Manager, Schreiber Foods Inc., Lifetime Achievement Award
- Alyssa Berinhout, Senior Director, Operations, Treehouse Foods Inc., Operations Award
- Michelle Elliott, Category Manager, Brookshire Grocery Co., Sparkplug Award
- Christine Heffernan, Business Unit Lead, Center Store, Topco Associates LLC, Innovation Award
- Kim Melsheimer, Vice President, Western Regional Sales, Nice-Pak Products Inc., Sales Award
- Kristine Modugno, Assistant Vice President, Own Brands, BJ's Wholesale Club, Marketing/Merchandising Award
- Asmita Pahwa, Senior Director, Global Sourcing and Product Development, Daymon Worldwide, Supply Chain/Procurement Award
- Jacqueline Ross, Senior Director, Product Development, Innovation and Integrity, Ahold USA, R&D/QA Award
“The extent of the 2015 nominations makes it clear that through the Top Women in Store Brands Awards, WISE is faithful to our mission to foster diverse collaboration for our store brand industry," said Peggy Davies, WISE chair. "Thanks to those who took the time to complete the nomination application. Congratulations to this year’s winners!"
Michael Hatherill, Store Brands' group brand director, said the Store Brands is honored to work with WISE on this critical industry program.
"Through the Top Women in Store Brands program, we are able to provide well-deserved recognition for women executives who are true catalysts and contributors toward the growth of store brands," he said. "Collectively — and individually — each of them has contributed so very much to the growth and well-being of their company’s store brand products and programs."
To select the TWISB honorees, a committee consisting of representatives from both Store Brands and WISE reviewed in-depth nominations submitted by representatives within the store brand industry. The committee carefully evaluated the nominations, assessing each nominee’s accomplishments to determine the honorees in all of the categories.
The TWISB honorees will be recognized during WISE's annual meeting and luncheon on Sunday, November 15, at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare hotel in Rosemont, IL. The event coincides with the opening day of the Private Label Manufacturers Association’s Private Label Trade Show.
The TWISB honorees also will be featured as a multi-page story within the October 2015 issue of Store Brands.