You are here
PHILADELPHIA -- The City of Brotherly Love is set to display its patriotism in style again this year, with Wawa Inc. returning as the title sponsor of the Wawa Welcome America Festival.
The annual event will take place June 28 through July 4 and feature a star-studded lineup of entertainment for the finale. Taking the stage for the Philly 4th of July Jam will be Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Hudson, Aloe Blacc and Ariana Grande. "The Voice" finalist Vicci Martinez will also perform.
Philadelphia's own The Roots is returning as the house band, according to festival organizers.
The schedule of events for the seven-day Wawa Welcome America Festival includes:
- June 28: Liberty Block Party at The Shops at Liberty Place from noon to 10 p.m.
- June 29: Mural Arts Paint Day in the newly designated Promise Zone of Mantu from noon to 4 p.m.
- June 30: Wawa Go 4th & Learn About: Science and Wawa Dairy at 10 a.m.; Philly @ the Movies: Disney's "Frozen" in Franklin Square at 9 p.m.
- July 1: Go 4th & Learn About: Fitness at Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse from 10 a.m. to noon; Philadelphia Orchestra Neighborhood Concert at Penn's Landing at 8 p.m.; and Philly @ the Movies: "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" in Rittenhouse Square at 9 p.m.
- July 2: Go 4th & Learn: History at the National Constitution Center at 10 a.m.; PHL Photo Exhibit: Civil Rights in Philadelphia: 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 at the airport at 10 a.m.; Wawa Hoagie Day at Independence Mall at noon; and Philly @ the Movies: "Rocky" at the Philadelphia Museum of Art at 9 p.m.
- July 3: POPS! On Independence on the steps of Independence Hall, Sixth and Chestnut streets at 8 p.m.
- July 4: Celebration of Freedom Ceremony on the steps of Steps of Independence Hall from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.; Philadelphia Independence Day Parade from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Let Freedom Ring ceremony at Independence Square from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.; Party on the Parkway on Benjamin Franklin Parkway, 20th Street to Eakins Oval from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.; and Philly 4th of July Jam and Fireworks on Benjamin Franklin Parkway, 20th Street to Eakins Oval from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.