You are here
HOUSTON –- CITGO is promoting its 2013 Fueling Good program, which represents a corporation-wide commitment to supporting good things in the communities where it operates. The campaign's "trifecta of goodness" includes: the Fueling Good Road Trip, a Fueling Education promotion and a Fueling Good 501(c)(3) program.
The Fueling Good Road Trip highlights the journey of CITGO ambassadors Adam and Diego as they travel through the CITGO footprint seeking all the good in local communities -- from good deeds to good places, according to the company. The Fueling Education promotion partners with www.Classwish.org to provide an opportunity for teachers to win supplies for their classrooms. Finally, the Fueling Good 501(c)(3) program awards local nonprofits in CITGO marketing areas for the good work they do in their local communities.
All three parts provide opportunities for more consumers to engage with the brand throughout the year.
"The philosophy of Fueling Good is an integral part of the CITGO culture and identity of our brand," said Gustavo Velásquez, vice president of supply and marketing for CITGO. "It's always been more than just a promotion or a tagline; it's how we do business. The success of Fueling Good is a testament to the dedication and innovation of our team of local marketers and retailers, as well as our CITGO employees."
- A Facebook page that tracks the Fueling Good Road Trip and hosts Adam and Diego, and provides CITGO information on products such as TriCLEAN gasoline and the CITGO Rewards credit card;
- The CITGO Fueling Good Twitter profile, where followers can tweet about how CITGO fuels good in their community;
- A YouTube channel where Fueling Good Road Trip fans can watch highlights from Adam and Diego's latest adventures across the CITGO footprint;
- A Fueling Education Instagram contest that gives teachers the opportunity to submit a photo of their students with the #FuelingEducation hashtag for the chance to win a $100 CITGO gift card; and
- An interactive Pinterest page that encourages fans to pin pictures of themselves fueling good every day in an effort to recognize all the good that is done in local communities.
Along with social media, the advertising campaign includes national and local television commercials, national and local radio spots, billboards and other outdoor advertising, point-of-purchase materials, events, public relations and web videos.
"We know that there is a lot of competition for people's attention these days," Velásquez said. "That is why we are using multiple mediums to reach consumers and get out the message that good things are happening at CITGO and in our local communities."