You are here
ConocoPhillips Rounds Out Senior Management Team
Conoco Inc. and Phillips Petroleum Co. added five new members to the management team of ConocoPhillips Inc., which is expected to convene later this year after receiving regulatory approval for the proposed merger of the two petroleum chains.
Earlier this year, ConocoPhillips Inc. said James Mulva, currently Chairman and Chief Executive of Phillips Petroleum, would become President and CEO of ConocoPhillips. The company in February named its Global Management Team. Five new positions were created in April:
* Gene Batchelder, Vice President and Chief Information officer for Phillips, was named Senior Vice President and Chief Information officer for ConocoPhillips.
* Philip Frederickson, currently Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Business Development for Conoco, will become Executive Vice President of Commercial Operations.
* Thomas Knudson was named Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and Communications. He currently serves as Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Conoco.
* Joseph High, Vice President of Human Resources and Services for Phillips, will hold the same position with ConocoPhillips.
* Robert Ridge, Vice President of Safety, Health and Environment for Phillips, will retain the same position with ConocoPhillips.
Deborah J. Hawley has joined Dairy Mart Convenience Stores Inc. as Divisional Merchandise Manager and Vice President of Category Management.
Mark VII Equipment Inc., a designer, manufacturer and distributor of touch-free car wash systems, named Rick Green the company's new President and CEO.
Petro Vend, a provider of petroleum inventory equipment, added three members to its management team:
* Tom Lane was named Vice President of the Fuel Control Group responsible for Commercial Products and Retail Products.
* Dave Ervin has been named Vice President of the Tank Gauge Group. He will manage both the Emco Electronics and Petro Vend Tank Gauge product lines.
* Jim McKinney was named National Sales Manager for all Petro Vend and Emco Electronics products for the United States and Canada.
Independent national convenience store broker, TNT Marketing added three employees to its team and promoted one:
* Bill Breneiser was promoted to Business Development Leader. Breneiser joined TNT Marketing in 1998. Formerly, he worked with such convenience store chains as Turkey Hill, Shore Stops, Royal Farms and Rutter's Farm Stores and Wawa.
* Connie Bartee joined TNT as an Account Administrator.
* Eric Bates has been named Regional Sales Director, West Coast. He will manage the western sales team and develop business in the Pacific Northwest territory.
* Cheryl O'Leary joined TNT as Inside Sales Coordinator.
Salomon Smith Barney named Bonnie Herzog a Director in the U.S. Equity Research Department to cover the tobacco and beverage sectors. She will track Philip Morris Cos. Inc., R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Holdings Inc., British American Tobacco Plc, Loews Corp. and USST Inc. Herzog had been with Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. since 1997, where she also followed the tobacco industry. She replaces Martin Feldman who left the firm.
John Arato was appointed Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Golden Eagle Leasing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Phoenix-based Hypercom Corp.
The Gillette Co. announced the appointment and nomination of two new Board members.
* Nancy J. Karch, recently retired Senior Partner of consulting firm McKinsey & Company, has been appointed to the Board of Directors, effective June 20.
* Ray J. Groves, President and Chief Operating officer of Marsh Inc., a unit of Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc., has been nominated for election to the Board at the Gillette Annual Meeting of Stockholders on May 16.
GTS Prepaid Inc. (GTS), a provider of prepaid products and services, announced the hiring of David Genca as Vice President of Operations.
The Network of Executive Women (NEW) for the Consumer Products & Food Retail Industry appointed Joan Toth as the organization's Executive Director.
Anthony Deen, has joined The CDI Group, a New York-based retail consulting and design firm as Vice President, Design. CDI also named Chris Kirby Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Jeffrey Yorsz was named Vice President of Industrial Systems for Blackwood, N. J.-based Metrologic Instruments Inc.
KSS, a provider of price management and optimization systems to the convenience store and petroleum marketing industry, named Gregory Howard Senior Vice President and General Manager of U.S. Operations.
The National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) announced that Annette Kramer joined its staff as an Administrative Services Coordinator in the NACS Administrative Services Center.