You are here
CARY, N.C. -- With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season in full swing, it is easy to forget the little things. Kangaroo Express is reminding consumers that convenience stores are the perfect place to pick up last-minute items. "According to AAA, 27 percent of the U.S. population hits the road to visit family and friends during the holiday season, but more stores are closed on Christmas than on any other day of the year. That makes convenience stores like Kangaroo Express the perfect pit stop for holiday travelers looking to grab those last few items on their way to Grandma's house," the Southeast retailer stated.
About 25 percent of all shopping visits to Kangaroo Express locations are to buy something urgently needed because a customer has either run out of it or forgotten the item, the company noted. To meet those needs, Kangaroo Express this year is highlighting six holiday picks for under $10 each.
- Batteries: Nine of the top 15 toys on this year's Toys "R" Us Holiday Hot Toy List require batteries.
- Coffee: This holiday season, nearly 49.6 percent of consumers plan to purchase at least one gift card (according to GiftCard.com). A Kangaroo Express gift card is perfect for the busy person who stops to pick up a fresh cup of coffee every morning, the retailer said.
- Candy and snacks: A great stocking stuffer, candy is small, loved by all and won't break the bank. Consumers can take advantage of the buy-one, get-one candy deals at this time of year. Muffins and doughnuts are also crowd favorites and are the No. 1 items purchased with a cup of Bean Street Coffee at Kangaroo Express.
- Electronics: Kangaroo Express has ROBO Earphone Splitters for $9.99 and Holiday DVDs for $5. Or, a Redbox DVD will keep children entertained on the ride home. For those looking to splurge, Extreme RC Helicopters are also available at the chain’s stores this year for $30.
- Beer and wine: A six-pack of specialty craft beer makes the perfect last-minute holiday host gift. In fact, U.S. craft beer sales rose 12 percent in volume in the first half of 2012, according to the Brewers Association.
- Pick-me-up beverages: While energy drinks continue to gain popularity among Kangaroo Express customers, Bean Street Coffee is always a great choice, according to the chain. Between the Caramel Macchiato -- the Cappuccino of the Month -- and the new whipped topping coming to stores, consumers will pay only 99 cents for their Roo Mug refill.
The Pantry Inc. operates Kangaroo Express. The company's portfolio comprises 1,589 stores in 13 states under select banners. Kangaroo Express is its primary operating banner.