You are here
WAWA, Pa. — Wawa Inc. kicked off the new year with new ways for its customers to connect with the convenience retailer.
The company launched two initiatives this month: the Wawa Mobile App and Wawa Rewards program. The app, which features the rewards program in its platform, is now available for free through the App Store for Apple devices and through Google Play for Android devices.
In addition, all of Wawa's more than 680 convenience stores are accepting mobile payment through the new Wawa app, enabling customers to make in-store purchases using a Wawa gift card from their smartphones.
In addition to enabling mobile payment, the retailer's new app allows users to:
- Manage your Wawa card: Register a Wawa gift card to earn Wawa Rewards, check your balance and reload your card anytime.
- Redeem Wawa Rewards: Use your rewards in-store by redeeming your coupon from your phone.
- Find a Wawa store near you: Get hours of operation and directions.
- Check fuel prices: Get real-time fuel prices for Wawa fuel stores.
- View nutrition information: Plan a meal and find out nutritional content.
- Connect with friends on social media: Use social check-in.
"Part of our commitment to fulfilling customers' lives every day includes connecting with customers at deeper levels, and we are thrilled to provide new meaningful and time-saving technologies that will help us create the added convenience and connection points our customers desire," said Chris Gheysens, Wawa's president and CEO. "We hope the new Wawa app and Wawa Rewards program will further extend the unique bond our associates have established with our customers over the past 50 years, through new forms of connectivity and customer recognition."
The app also allows customers to access the new Wawa Rewards program, offering them a chance to earn rewards for purchasing their Wawa favorites. Here's how it works:
- Sign up via the Wawa Mobile App or WawaRewards.com.
- Add a Wawa gift card to your Wawa Rewards account through the app or WawaRewards.com. Get a reward just for adding your first card.
- Pay for your in-store purchases with your registered gift card using the Wawa app or the actual card.
- Get a choice of three rewards for every $50 spent on qualifying items.
Pennsylvania-based Wawa Inc. has more than 680 c-stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Florida.