You are here
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Convenience Store News is now accepting entries for its 2015 Category Captains awards program, which honors excellence in innovative, creative and profit-generating category management platforms.
Convenience store industry suppliers that provide their retailer customers with category leadership and innovation may enter in 20 different product categories. Entries will be evaluated on factors such as how the supplier supported customers' needs and built sales overall in the category; what new programs, technologies, business systems, merchandising schemes or promotional tactics were employed; and what their retailer partners think of their category management platform.
To enter, suppliers must submit an overview synopsis of 800 words or less about their category leadership, a high-resolution company logo, and up to five supporting images of the products or lines offered.
Entries will be accepted through April 1. Click here to enter the 2015 CSNews Category Captains awards.
Last year, the program was redesigned to be more relevant to both c-store retailers and suppliers. Ten winners were selected based on compelling examples of key category management initiatives over the previous 12 months.
The 2014 winners were:
- Beer/Malt Beverages —Anheuser-Busch
- Candy — The Hershey Co.
- General Merchandise — Ambess Enterprises Inc.
- Grocery (non-edible) — Nestle Purina PetCare
- Foodservice: Frozen Treats — Donper America
- Foodservice: Prepared Foods — Eby-Brown
- Foodservice: Soups & Sides — Blount Fine Foods
- Other Tobacco Products — Swisher International Inc.
- Packaged Beverages — The Coca-Cola Co.
- Salty Snacks — The Kellogg Co.