You are here
NATIONAL REPORT — The Convenience Store News Top Women in Convenience program celebrates a diverse array of women — from retailer, supplier and wholesaler companies — making a positive impact in the convenience retail channel.
This year’s judging panel selected 22 senior-level leaders, five mentors, 18 rising stars, five store managers and three single-store owners to receive the esteemed title of Top Women in Convenience for 2015. Like last year, the panel also chose five nominees as the best of the best from among all the nominations and awarded them the title of Women of the Year.
Here are the 2015 honorees in the store managers category:
Complex Manager, Ports Petroleum Co. Inc.
- Considine oversees one store with seven employees, where her responsibilities include customer and vendor relations, ensuring federal and state safety and labor regulations are followed, employee management and more.
- When the company purchased three gas stations in southern Indiana and Ohio, she spent weeks away from her own station to provide two of the locations with training and support.
- Considine is a part of the company’s new manager mentoring program.
Store Manager, Rutter’s Farm Stores
- Felton supervises 32 employees and oversees the management and implementation of operations procedures, marketing initiatives, human resources policies, and executive directives including sales growth, customer service, employee training and hiring, expense management and merchandising.
- Since May 2006, she has been promoted to store manager at three higher volume Rutter’s locations.
- Felton was named Store Manager of the Year in 2013 and was a Store Manager of the Year finalist in 2014, 2012, 2011 and 2008.
Store Manager, Alon Brands
- Holguin oversees five employees at her store, where she manages daily operations including staff training, scheduling, inventory order management, maximizing sales by implementing the placement and promotion of new product lines, and promoting the store.
- She joined Alon Brands as a sales associate in 2001, was promoted to assistant manager two years later and during her time with the company, has managed five stores, earned her associate’s degree and served in the Army Reserve.
Store Manager, CST Brands Inc.
- Sang is responsible for 12 employees at her location, as well as the total store operation including profit and loss, employee staffing and retention, employee training, safety/security, environmental compliance, customer service, marketing/merchandising, and more.
- She began working for Valero Energy Corp. (now CST Brands) in 1981 at the age of 23, shortly after coming to the United States from Korea. She started as a customer service representative before working her way up to assistant manager and then store manager.
Store Manager, RaceTrac Petroleum Inc.
- Stembridge oversees one store and 13 team members. She manages the day-to-day operations, develops team members, increases sales and builds lasting relationships with RaceTrac guests.
- For eight consecutive years, Stembridge has earned a spot on the RaceTrac Chairman’s Council, an annual competition that recognizes RaceTrac store managers in each region who rank in the top 10 percent for profitability, inside margin, team member performance and guest feedback.