You are here
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Personnel moves are nothing new in the convenience store industry, but the past year saw several veteran players announce their plans to step aside. Casey's General Stores Inc.'s CEO Bob Myers and Rutter's Farm Stores Foodservice Director Jerry Weiner were just two examples.
Still, other changes were brought about as a result of merger and acquisition activity in the convenience channel – like former Tedeschi Food Shops executive Joe Hamza's move to Nouria Energy Corp.
These are the top 10 people headlines of 2015, as reported by CSNews Online:
1. CSNews Hall of Fame Honors Three Industry Luminaries
Awards gala celebrates Don Zietlow, Jay Ard and Tony Kenney.
2. Casey’s CEO Bob Myers to Retire, Successor Named
Terry Handley to take over top post on May 1.
3. Joe Topper Steps Down as CrossAmerica CEO
President Jeremy Bergeron will continue leadership role.
4. Getty Realty CEO David Driscoll to Retire
Company announces transition plan during its third-quarter earnings call.
5. Sam Susser Resigns From Sunoco LP Board of Directors
Former Stripes CEO will pursue other ventures.
6. Casey's Senior VP Sam Billmeyer to Retire in 2016
He joined the retailer in 1992 as risk manager.
7. Couche-Tard Launches Search for New CFO
Raymond Paré resigns after 13 years with the company.
8. Rutter’s Jerry Weiner Reflects on 40 Years in Foodservice
He’s well-known for trying out almost any menu item.
9. Joe Hamza Joins Nouria Energy's Executive Team
Industry leader takes on role of COO, Retail & Marketing.
10. Jim DeFilippis Joins NOCO Executive Management Team
New VP remains general manager of NOCO Express.
Stay tuned to CSNews Online for more 2015 Year in Review recaps.