You are here
LAS VEGAS — Thirty of the convenience store industry’s top female executives, managers and role models will be honored at this year’s NACS Show during Convenience Store News’ inaugural Top Women in Convenience Breakfast.
The CSNews Top Women in Convenience awards program, which launched earlier this year, recognizes a diverse array of females from both the retailer and supplier sides of the industry. This year’s award winners, announced in the June 2014 issue of Convenience Store News, include 15 senior-level executives, eight rising stars and two store managers, along with five leaders selected as Women of the Year.
The 2014 Women of the Year are:
- Kim Bowers, president and CEO, CST Brands, Inc.;
- Gwen Forman, vice president of marketing, Cumberland Farms Inc.;
- Allison Moran, CEO of RaceTrac Petroleum Inc.;
- Barbara Poremba, vice president of national retail sales, Foodservice Retail Center of Excellence, Coca-Cola Refreshments; and,
- Jennifer Rhoads, CEO, Ohio Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Association.
Winners were selected from nominations made by industry executives and judging was based on achievements during the previous 12 months. Candidates were evaluated on their corporate initiatives, financial and strategic accomplishments, problem-solving, performance and participation in charitable endeavors. Judging was conducted by CSNews in conjunction with The Network of Executive Women (NEW).
The Top Women in Convenience Breakfast will be held Wednesday, Oct. 8, from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., at the Las Vegas Convention Center.