Extending Your Food’s Shelf Life GoCubes ultra-sleek containers with 3-compartment insert trays add more versatility and merchandising options than you’ve ever seen in stock food packaging!
You are here
SAN ANTONIO – With less than eight weeks to go, hotel rooms are filling up quickly for this year’s Hispanic Retail 360 Summit, being held Aug. 13-15 at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.
The 2014 conference is on pace to attract a record number of retailer attendees from across all channels, including grocers such as Albertsons, Brookshire Grocery, H-E-B and Kroger; convenience store chains such as Maverik, Kum & Go and ampm; and general merchandise retailers like Walmart.
The special discounted hotel rate of $159 per night at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter expires July 23, so prospective attendees are being urged to make their reservations as soon as possible.
This year’s Hispanic Retail 360 Summit will feature what is likely the strongest educational agenda in the event's 10-year history. The theme of the conference is: “Total Market: Tapping Into the Power of Bicultural Latinos Through an Integrated Approach.”
Among this year’s general sessions are:
- Beyond the Total Market Strategy: Engaging the Evolving Hispanic Consumer -- In the conference’s opening session, Juan Carlos Davila, senior vice president and general manager of Hispanic Market for Nielsen, will give audience members a unique chance to understand how today’s bicultural Latino consumers buy products, shop stores, and watch and listen to various media.
- 2014 Latino Consumer Diversity: A Crossroads of Opportunities for Grocers – Nielsen’s Hispanic Market Retail Director Rick Parra will lead a panel consisting of the two largest general-market food retailers, Walmart and Kroger, and one leading Hispanic grocer, Northgate Gonzalez, to examine what they are doing or will be doing in the future to take advantage of the new Latino reality.
- Way Beyond Buzz: Marking a Cultural Connection That Results in Sales – Andrew Gamm, brand director for Pizza Patrón, the leading Mexican pizza brand in the United States, will discuss the strategy behind the foodservice retailer’s drive to grow its brand and own a unique position in the marketplace among both Hispanic and general-market consumers.
- How Curacao, the Innovative and Trendsetting Retailer, Captures the Hispanic Market – Jerry Azarkman, chief marketing officer for America’s leading Hispanic department store, will reveal how Curacao has changed to meet the evolving needs of Latinos in the U.S.
- Connecting With Hispanic Shoppers Through the Independent Grocery Channel – Nancy Lopez-Pedroza, regional marketing manager for Unified Grocers, will lead a panel of leading independent Hispanic retailers from Chavez Supermarkets, Northgate Markets and Rio Ranch Market to discuss how they attract younger Latinos, drive sales and build shopper loyalty.
- Subway’s Innovative Approach to Engaging the Hispanic Market – Featured in one of the highest-rated episodes of the hit CBS reality show “Undercover Boss,” Don Fertman, Subway's chief development officer, will share examples of Subway’s branded integrations to reach and connect with Hispanic audiences in an authentic and culturally relevant way.
- Engage Bicultural Latinos & Watch Them Flourish – Noted author and human resources consultant Mariela Dabbah will discuss key strategies for engaging, retaining and promoting Latino employees – who can not only influence the products you sell, but also positively impact the way you reach and relate to your customers.
- How Hispanic Retail Advertisers Are Succeeding With Mobile – Mike Reid, executive director of multicultural sales for Pandora, will lead a discussion with top retailers on how they are implementing key mobile strategies to drive awareness and engagement among Hispanics in an increasingly connected world.
- Total Market: Tapping Into the Power of Bicultural Latinos Through an Integrated Approach – Darren Seifer, food and beverage analyst for The NPD Group, and Terry Soto, president and CEO of About Marketing Solutions, will help attendees define the critical factors needed to successfully tap today’s Latino consumer. Insights will include defining the hybrid Hispanic and explaining how they think about food, food preparation and shopping choices, and the best way to gain relevance with them.
- Embracing the Hispanic Community Involves More Than Selling Products – This special session by Goodwill Industries will feature Evette Rios, the bilingual lifestyle expert, television host of CBS’ “Recipe Rehab,” guest co-host of ABC’s “The Chew” and Goodwill’s national Latina spokesperson. Participants, led by Goodwill Vice President Michael Meyer, will demonstrate their successful integration of mission services and retail business operations.
In addition to these general sessions, the 2014 Hispanic Retail 360 Summit will feature nine concurrent sessions on specific research-based or operationally focused topics; three open discussion intimate working groups; and a preconference study tour of San Antonio’s top retailers.
Now in its 10th year, the Hispanic Retail 360 Summit is produced by Stagnito Media and its market-leading brands, Progressive Grocer and Convenience Store News.
To register for this year's event, go to www.hispanicretail360.com.