Quick Stats

Quick Stats

    You are here

    Parker's HQ Wins Historic Preservation Award

    The Philbrick-Eastman House in Savannah was renovated with period detail.

    SAVANNAH, Ga. — Parker's Corp. was recently honored with a Historic Savannah Foundation Historic Preservation Award for its renovation of the Philbrick-Eastman House in Savannah. Winners of the award were recognized at the foundation's annual Preservation Awards Luncheon on May 7.

    The company renovated the 15,000-square-foot structure, located at 17 W. McDonough St. in Savannah's National Landmark Historic District, with close attention to period detail. Parker's then moved into the new headquarters in February.

    "Parker's has done a first-class job restoring the Philbrick-Eastman House," stated Daniel Carey, president and CEO of the Historic Savannah Foundation. "This project represents the spirit of revitalization that has helped make Savannah a national model for responsible historic preservation."

    The annual Historic Preservation Awards are granted to individuals and organizations whose contributions demonstrate excellence in historic preservation in Savannah and Chatham County. The awards are judged for success in the preservation, rehabilitation, restoration and interpretation of Savannah's architectural and cultural heritage.

    The Philbrick-Eastman House was built by Irish-born architect Charles B. Cluskey on one of Savannah's original trust lots between 1844 and 1847. It features extensive use of stately columns, decorative iron fencing with medallions of famous Americans, elaborate crown moldings, 14-foot ceilings and original oak floors.

    Greenline Architecture Inc. served as the lead architect for the renovation project and Ralph Kuhn of Kuhn Construction Co. served as the general contractor.

    "We paid attention to every detail to ensure that the restoration of this treasured Savannah building respects the structure's history, while enabling us to expand our operations right here in America's most beautiful city," said Parker's President and CEO Greg Parker. "We felt a deep sense of responsibility to restore this landmark building to its former glory."

    Parker's Corp. operates 37 c-stores throughout Georgia and South Carolina.

    Related Content

    Related Content