You are here
DALLAS -- The third annual Hispanic Retail 360 Summit will be held August 1-3, 2007, at the Westin Park Central Hotel in Dallas.
Hispanic Retail 360 is the retail industry's premier event for retailers and marketers looking to grow their business with the Latino consumer market in the U.S. Last year's Summit, held in Chicago, attracted more than 500 attendees composed of retailers from across all channels of retailing, major consumer products goods manufacturers, advertising agencies and consultants.
The 2007 sessions and format will include more breakout sessions allowing participants to choose from an array of topics and areas of interest and experience levels that suit their needs.
The 2007 Hispanic Retail 360 Summit will feature:
* Emphasis on best practices and new ideas.
* Concurrent sessions that allow attendees to pick and choose the topics that are most important to them.
* More product areas from food to general merchandise and topics of interest to all retail channels including department stores, mass merchandisers, supermarkets, convenience stores, drug stores and specialty retailers in consumer electronics, home improvement, apparel and more.
* Guided store tour by a leading industry consultant to view best practices by Dallas-area retailers who serve the Hispanic community.
One of the highlights of the Summit will be the presentation of the Hispanic Retail Excellence Award. Last year's winner was Anaheim-based JAX Markets. The 2006 winner was Pros Ranch Market, which operates Hispanic market stores in southern California and four in Phoenix, Ariz.
Feedback from last year's attendees was extremely positive. "Great conference! It really is the 360 degrees. You start from point A and continue on. No matter what level of knowledge you come with, you leave with the total picture," said Maria St. Germain of Kroger, the giant supermarket chain. Added Dror Amir of southern California retailer La Curacao, the conference had "great speakers, great networking, great receptions and great food."
Publication partners for Hispanic Retail 360 include Progressive Grocer, Adweek's Marketing y Medios, and Convenience Store News. The Mexican American Grocer Association and the California Independent Grocers & Convenience Stores are among the trade association sponsors.
This year's sponsors include Coca-Cola, Anheuser-Busch, ADVO, CityReach Latino, McLane Co. and Competisys. Several sponsorship packages are still available. For more information on sponsorships, please contact Jeff Friedman, vice president, channel information & solutions, Retail Channels Group, at 646-654-7452, or email: [email protected].
For registration information, please contact Lois Miller at [email protected].
The agenda will be shaped by the Hispanic Retail 360 Retailer Advisory Board consisting of market leaders across all channels of retailing.
Retailer Board of Advisors:
* Jim Hendrickson, Manager, Market Research, 7-Eleven;
* Angel L. Garcia, Director, Global Retail Operations, Ace Hardware Corp.;
* Jeff Weness, Director, Hispanic Initiatives, Best Buy;
* Jon Bratta, National Beverage Lead, BP/ampm;
* Paul Casadont, Merchandising Mgr., Chevron Corp.;
* Bob Pescarino, Merchandise Manager, CVS;
* Angela Martin, Director, Marketing, Dollar General;
* Bob Schwarz, VP, Merchandising, Duckwall-Alco;
* Nicolas Medina, Global Standards & Practices Manager, Convenience Retailing, ExxonMobil;
* Mirna Evans, Category Manager, Food Lion;
* David Atkins, Director, Int’l Foods, Giant Eagle;
* Pat Hensley, Asst. VP, Operations, HyVee Supermarkets;
* Dror Amir, Executive Manager, La Curacao;
* Mike Tolley, President, Mi Pueblo Food Centers;
* Poul E. Heilmann, SVP, Marketing & Strategic Planning, Minyards;
* John Learish, VP, Marketing, Rite Aid;
* Jim Peterson, VP, Store Operations, Ross Dress for Less;
* Nancy Prior, C-Store Category Mgr., Shell Oil;
* Lydia Jahn, Multicultural Mgr., ShopRite Supermarkets (Wakefern Food Corp.);
* Bill Hooper, VP, Sales & Marketing, Super S Foods;
* Judy Farniok, Category Manager, GM, SUPERVALU;
* Todd Williams, Dir., Multicultural Mkting, Target Stores;
* Al Plamann, President, Unified Western Grocers;
* Margie Davis, Director, Store of the Community, Wal-Mart; and,
* Andrea Rodriguez, Neighborhood Marketing Specialist, Winn Dixie.