You are here
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --- Citgo Petroleum Corp. has presented its distinguished "President's Award" for outstanding fund-raising service to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon to 18 of the company's branded marketers.
Oswaldo Contreras, Citgo's president and CEO, and W.A. DeVore, Citgo's senior vice president of marketing, honored the marketers at the company's Presidents Meeting in Nashville, Tenn. last week.
The 18 Citgo-branded marketers raised a combined total of $1,800,918 in the 2002 campaign. The marketers and their individual, fund-raising totals include:
* Mirabito Fuel Group, Sidney, N.Y., $228,000
* C. N. Brown Co., South Paris, Maine, $224,600
* Texor Petroleum Co., Riverside, Ill., $200,000
* Git-n-Go Corp., Tulsa, Okla., $160,000
* Huron-Smith Oil Co., Batesville, Miss., $125,000
* Petroleum Marketers Inc., Roanoke, Va., $100,000
* Carolina Petroleum Distributors, Charlotte, N.C., $86,000
* Angus I. Hines, Inc., Suffolk, Va., $78,000
* E-Z Mart Convenience Stores Inc., Texarkana, Texas, $75,000
* Graham C-Stores/Graham Enterprise, Inc., Mundelein, Ill., $75,000
* Golden Gallon LLC, Chattanooga, Tenn., $ 65,000
* Mansfield Oil Co., Gainesville, Ga., $65,000
* Pilot Corp., Knoxville, Tenn., $58,000
* Williams Oil Co. Inc., Towanda, Pa., $54,000
* Junior Food Stores of West Florida Inc., Crestview, Fla., $53,000
* PAPCO Inc., Virginia Beach, Va., $53,000
* Clifford Fuel Co., Utica, N.Y., $51,015
* Martin-Eagle Oil Co. Inc., Denton, Texas, $50,303
"This elite group's tremendous fund-raising efforts emphasize its obvious commitment to help people cope with devastating muscle diseases," DeVore said. "Together their contributions represent one-third of Citgo's $5.5-million gift to Jerry's Kids this year. Citgo is proud of these companies and we look forward to continuing this vital co-sponsorship in the on-going fight against muscle diseases."
Citgo and its branded marketers have raised more than $50 million in contributions and pledges for the MDA since the company signed up as a national sponsor in 1986.