You are here
Valero Adds Sales Strength
San Antonio refiner/marketer Valero Energy Corp. said it has added a new territory sales manager, Pat DeMartino, to expand the Valero wholesale brand in the mid-Atlantic region. DeMartino has 35 years experience in wholesale branded marketing. Before joining Valero, he worked as regional sales manager for Coastal Refining and Marketing and El Paso Corp. Prior to that, DeMartino was a senior sales representative with Chevron USA Inc.
Puckett to Head New ChevronTexaco Company
ChevronTexaco last month created ChevronTexaco Energy Technology Co. (ETC) and named Mark Puckett, formerly president of ChevronTexaco Exploration and Production Technology Co. (EPTC), as the venture's first president.
The new company combines EPTC and ChevronTexaco Energy Research and Technology Co. (ERTC). EPTC and ERTC supply upstream and downstream technologies for ChevronTexaco businesses, respectively.
Gary Masada, current president of ERTC, has been named president and chief information officer of ChevronTexaco's Information Technology Company (ITC) replacing David Clementz, who has elected to retire after 30 years of service.
Separately, CheveronTexaco named Alan Preston vice president of human resources. He replaces John Bethancourt, who was appointed executive vice president of ChevronTexaco technology and services.
Stewarts Dake Named to Arrow Financial Board
Gary Dake, vice president of Stewarts Shops Corp., has been named to the board of Arrow Financial Corp. of Glens Falls, N.Y. Dake already is a board member of Saratoga National. Stewarts Shops, based in Saratoga Springs, operates retail convenience stores in New York and Vermont.
Dake also is chairman of the Town of Greenfield Center Planning Board; chair elect of The Eddy, a Troy, N.Y.-based operator of health and senior-living facilities; and treasurer of The Hyde Collection Art Museum in Glens Falls.
ConocoPhillips Names Ryan Lance President of Asia Pacific
ConocoPhillips said Ryan Lance was named president, Asia Pacific, Exploration & Production. He fills the position left vacant by Bill Berry, who was named executive vice president of exploration and production earlier this year.
Hailstock Joins FMI
Food Marketing Institute (FMI) announced the hire of Henry Hailstock as director, diversity and community relations. In his new position, Hailstock will be responsible for diversity, supplier diversity, community relations, publication sales and urban affairs.
"We are very excited to have Henry join the FMI team," said Todd Turner, vice president, urban affairs and membership. "His expertise in diversity and community relations, as well as his vast experience with the grocery industry, make him an outstanding asset to FMI."
Hailstock joins FMI after more than 30 years with supermarket retailer Giant Food Inc. in Landover, Md. Throughout his career with Giant, Hailstock served in several positions including corporate diversity specialist, management development specialist, manager of mentor development initiatives, manager of minority affairs, manager of human resources services and assistant store manager. Hailstock also created the company's supplier diversity program.
Betts Named President of NEW
Kimberly Betts, director of dusiness process implementation in the business transformation group for Ahold USA, has been named president of the Network of Executive Women (NEW) for the consumer products and retail industry. Betts succeeds Michele Hanson, who served as NEW's president since May 2000. Hanson will continue to serve on the NEW Board of Directors, the organization said.
The NEW Executive Committee also announced several other leadership changes:
* Helayne Angelus, general manager of the K-Mart/Fleming team at Procter & Gamble, has been named vice president of NEW.
* Elizabethe Bogart, vice president of strategic industry initiatives for the National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) was appointed chair of the programming and education committee.
Heetland Named VP at Dixie
Dixie Foodservice appointed Craig Heetland to the newly created position of North American regional vice president. In this position, Heetland will be responsible for distribution penetration and expansion, as well as key operator sales. He will report directly to Dixie's vice president of sales, Chuck Hathaway.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root Upgrades Executive Team
Martin Gafinowitz was named president of dispensing technology and automation solutions for Greensboro, N.C.-based Gilbarco Veeder-Root, a provider of fuel dispensing technology and equipment, point of sale systems, fuel management systems and environmental compliance. In this role, Gafinowitz will have global responsibility and will focus on leveraging the overall technology integration and commercialization of the company's full range of products and services.
In a separate move, The Veeder-Root Co. announced the appointment of Brian Burnett as president.Veeder-Root is a global supplier of automatic tank gauging, leak detection, compliance services, and Red Jacket submersible pumps. Burnett will have worldwide leadership for developing and leading the strategy and implementation of Veeder-Root's business objectives and product innovation.
Andrew Wert was named Veeder-Root's vice president of marketing and will oversee the company's global marketing and product strategy.
TNT Promotes Two, Adds Two
National convenience store broker TNT Marketing promoted two employees and added a territory manager and customer service representative to its national team.
* Bob Hayes has been promoted to account executive. He will be responsible for handling several principal lines and will maintain key sales contacts.
* Promoted to zone manager in the Southeast is Tim Hanneken. He will be responsible for managing the southeastern sales team as well as making sales calls to key accounts in the region.
Hanneken was a senior regional manager for TNT Marketing.
* Added to the sales team is Ed Williams. Williams will serve as a territory manager in the Northeast.
* Matt Gearhart has joined the TNT Marketing customer service team as a customer service representative.
Logsdon Named COO at CCISTech
CCISTech, the a provider of fuel marketing programs, technology and integration services, announced a series of executive appointments to position the company for the next stage of growth and development.
* Brandon Logsdon is now executive vice president and chief operating officer.
* Jim Mills is executive vice president and chief administration officer.
* Dana Ballinger is executive vice president and senior software engineer.
Meanwhile, two executives have joined CCISTech:
* Jason Stancil, vice president of business development and general counsel; and
* Norm Smith, vice president of research and development.
Hart Named VP ant Insulair
Insulair Inc., the manufacturer of insulated paper cups for hot drinks, announced the hiring of Randy Hart as vice president of marketing and business development. At the same time, the Vernalis, Calif.-based company said Frank Gavin, director of sales since 2001, has been promoted to vice president of sales.
Just Born Adds Two to Marketing Division
Just Born, Inc., a candy manufacturer brands such as Peeps, MiKE and IKE and HOT TAMALES reported two changes to its marketing division.
* Doreen Perini has been promoted to group brand manager responsible for the HOT TAMALES, MiKE and IKE and ZOURS product lines. In her new position, she will be responsible for the various aspects of marketing the brands, including new product development, advertising, promotion and public relations.
* Juvenal Marchisio has also joined the marketing division as brand manager, responsible for Teenee Beanee Gourmet Jelly Beans and other Just Born jelly bean products. He will also work on Just Born's newest brand, Peanut Chews.
Neufeld Joins NPD
The NPD Group Inc., a provider of market information, added Evan Neufeld as vice president of client development. Neufeld will work for the company's technology tracking division NPD Techworld and will be responsible for enhancing client partnerships and expanding the current client base.
Birds Eye Partners with Acosta
Birds Eye Foods Inc., one of the largest manufacturers of frozen foods, appointed Acosta Sales and Marketing to represent its supermarket class of trade for
the retail branded business effective June 30.
Eco Lips Assembles Sales Team
Eco Lips Inc., manufacturers of Organic Lip Balm, announced the appointment of the following sales representative and their territories:
* Northeast Region: August Zolfo, Colonial Sales and Marketing
* Mid Atlantic Region: Roy Fleming, Eastern Sales and Service
* Southwest Region: Debby Lamping, Pinnacle Sales and Marketing
* Midwest Region: Tom Okragly, Elias Shaker and Co.