Extending Your Food’s Shelf Life GoCubes ultra-sleek containers with 3-compartment insert trays add more versatility and merchandising options than you’ve ever seen in stock food packaging!
You are here
SAN ANTONIO -- Stagnito Business Information, parent to Convenience Store News, is evolving the mission of its Hispanic Retail 360 summit, magazine and website. Now called Multicultural Retail 360, it will provide an expanded focus on retailing to a broader range of multicultural consumers.
The announcement was made Thursday at the 2014 Hispanic Retail 360 Summit, taking place at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.
Over the past decade, Hispanic Retail 360 grew into the premier cross-channel event and media platform focused on retailing to the growing Hispanic market. Multicultural Retail 360 will continue this tradition, while also providing insights and best practices for retailers marketing to other important demographic and cultural segments of the U.S. population.
"Retailers today recognize the value of marketing in ways that appeal not just to a short list of well-recognized ethnic groups, but to a diverse range of cultural and minority perspectives," said Don Longo, editorial director of Multicultural Retail 360 and Convenience Store News. "The Multicultural Retail 360 media platform delivers value to [consumer packaged goods (CPG)] retailers, along with their manufacturer and supplier partners in the form of insights, information and trends that help them perform at a higher level in marketing to all consumers."
The Multicultural Retail 360 Summit will address the issues retailers face in identifying and segmenting multicultural shoppers, while also providing strategies that help assure they have the right product mix and marketing messages for all customers at each of their stores.
The transition to a broader multicultural focus was accomplished with the support and cooperation of the 2014 Retailer Board of Advisors. The board membership is composed of the following executives:
- Javier M. Delgado-Granados, director of marketing, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (HR 360 co-chair)
- Angel Colon, director, multicultural development, The Kroger Co. (HR 360 co-chair)
- Jim Hendrickson, manager, market research, 7-Eleven Inc.
- Marco Orozco, director, Hispanic initiatives SW, Best Buy
- Adonis Paseiro, local business manager, Hispanic, BI-LO Holdings LLC
- Donna Sanker, vice president of marketing, BP/ARCO/ampm
- Cecilia Perez, director of multicultural marketing, Chevron Corp.
- Nicolas Medina, global standards and practices manager, convenience retailing, ExxonMobil Corp.
- Jamie Franck, assistant vice president, operations, Hy-Vee Supermarkets
- Janalee Clements, senior customer insights and marketing manager, Maverik Inc.
Deerfield, Ill.-based Stagnito Business Information is an integrated business-to-business resource serving CPG retailers and owns leading brands that include Convenience Store News, Progressive Grocer, Store Brands, The Gourmet Retailer, Retail Leader, and Carbonview research.