You are here
DALLAS -- As part of its spring Slurpee promotion campaign with World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE), 7-Eleven Inc. sent radio promotion winners from 17 cities to yesterday's WWE SummerSlam in New York.
The trip included airfare and transportation for two to New York, hotel accommodations, a welcome dinner and reception, tickets to the event and access to an exclusive hospitality suite at the Nassau Coliseum for a "meet and greet" with wrestling participants before the event.
Grand prize winners for the trip were awarded from radio stations in Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami/Fort Lauderdale, New York, Norfolk/Portsmouth, Va, Orlando/Daytona, Fla., Philadelphia, Portland, Ore., San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla., and Washington.
"The Slurpee brand and World Wrestling Entertainment have been an ideal match," said John Ryckevic, product director for 7-Eleven. "Both brands have intense attitude and an extremely loyal fan base. Their combined in-your-face distinctiveness has proved a great one-two marketing punch."
The partnership incorporated the following promotional activities and events:
* Launch of the new Slurpee Bruisin' Berry flavor;
* Three 40-ounce collector Slurpee cups featuring World Wrestling Entertainment figures;
* The introduction of the 34-ounce thermal refillable Slurpee mug;
* Special WWE poster available for 49 cents to customers purchasing a Slurpee drink; and
* Special 7-Eleven store appearances in Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Calif., Salt Lake City and Detroit of WWE wrestlers.
"The success of 7-Eleven's proprietary Slurpee beverage is enhanced by the introduction of new flavors, fun promotions and product tie-ins," Ryckevic said. "World Wrestling Entertainment plays into this strategy perfectly."